Hannah Brontë’s art conjures rich worlds that transform our inner landscape, and with her new project mi$$-Eupnea she asks us to slow and deepen our breath in order to reconnect with the world around us.
mi$$-Eupnea: KIDZ extends this invitation to the youngest amongst us, celebrating the unfettered intuition and imagination children naturally possess.
Eupnea is a mode of breathing that occurs at rest and within meditative state without requiring any cognitive thought. With mi$$-Eupnea Hannah Brontë has envisioned a series of works centred on a moving, breathing being. She is waiting for you to listen to your breath and synchronise with the leaves above your head. Her skin is layered with imagery of natural environments moving together as one. She speaks through sonic vibrations and – if you’ll let her – she will slow your breathing until you too learn to breathe with Country.
Join mi$$-Eupnea herself in her lush, magickal rainforest for a workshop for children and their guardians to explore the limitless potential of the minds of kids.
This free event is aimed at children 11 and under. Registration is required.
- Campbelltown Arts Centre and Arts House
- Lead Artist & Performer: Hannah Brontë
- mi$$-Eupnea is commissioned by Campbelltown Arts Centre as part of BLEED 2020.
- BLEED is conceived, produced and presented by City of Melbourne through Arts House and Campbelltown City Council through Campbelltown Arts Centre. BLEED has been assisted by the Federal Government through Australia Council for the Arts, its funding and advisory body.
Sunday 5 July
Duration: 60 mins
EVENT POSTPONED - NEW DATE TBC
This is a free activity.
NEW REGISTRATION LINK COMING
- Suitable for children accompanied by parent/guardian.
Terms & Conditions
This event is for children and their guardian/s only. All participants are required to have their video camera turned on. This event will not be filmed.
View Terms & Conditions